Urban Express - Can't contact

Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

can't locate your delivery ? No delivery number to contact

Product or Service Mentioned: Urban Express Delivery Service.

Urban Express - Terrible.

Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I placed a order on Amazon from a reseller. I've done this MANY times before (as I am both a student and instructor).

One would expect some level of customer service when participating in Amazon but clearly this was not the case. I didn't "select" Urban Express to be the carrier of choice for this purchase and somehow when I placed this order on 9/13/16, the expected delivery date went from 9/17/16 to 10/5/16. To insult to injury, it is well past this date and NO RESPONSE, no tracking information, or way to resolve this matter. Some of this may stem from the actual reseller BUT a modicum of responsibility also falls on the designated shipper when you need to check the status and/or find out what is going on with the order!

You get none of the above from these people. From the sounds of it, I don't think ANYONE has been satisfied with the service, so they need to quit and let more competent folks handle this...

Product or Service Mentioned: Urban Express Delivery Service.

I didn't like: Customer service, Dispute resoultion.

Urban Express - Very bad service, extremely unfriendly delivery

Where to begin. The delivery was over three and a half hours late. By the time they showed up, they didn't feel like working anymore, and repeatedly asked if they could go home and come back tomorrow instead of assembling the items upon delivery. Then they called their supervisor and cooked up some crazy story about being denied access to my building because the superintendant had told them deliveries aren't allowed on weekends. Not only do we not have such a rule, we also don't have a superintendant. So their story had some holes in it. Not to mention the fact that I had personally let them into the building, so even the part of being denied access was a complete fabrication. Once inside, they continued to complain about how it was too late to do the work.

They refused to use the delivery entrance (because, they claimed, it would "take too long" to move the truck) despite the sign clearly marking that deliveries are not allowed in the front entrance. This was an odd decision on their part, because it forced them to struggle with heavy packages down the stairs, while they could have easily used the dollies they brought if they'd used the delivery entrance.

They ended up leaving a huge mess, boxes, paper, plastic, and general garbage everywhere. When we called to complain about the lousy service, the manager made a series of excuses for their being late, and sent a very self-serving email "apology" that was really just a long defense of how great a job they had allegedly done. He did, however, offer to send the people back to clean up the mess they had left.

When the guys got here, they immediately started arguing about the fact that cleaning up their own mess is not their job, complaining about having to make a 45 minute drive to come back here, and generally giving us a hard time about the complaint email we'd sent in. One of the guys even started shouting at my wife. Unbelievable!

Urban Express - Destroyed our furniture with sticker, late, horrible

Featured Not resolved

They ruined our furniture and were late, and they have done zero to rectify our ruined furniture.

We bought furniture from IKEA, and asked Urban Express to deliver. At first we were given a window of 9 a.m to 10 p.m. (which is not a window, it's an entire day), and finally they narrowed it down to 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. At 6:30 I called because nobody had shown up yet. They said the driver was 25 minutes away. At 7:30 I called again b/c they still had not showed. They said they were very nearby. They got there around 7:45. Which is kind of an issue because I have to reserve the elevator in our building if I am having something delivered. I reserved any slot from 9 am to 6 p.m. like an obnoxious ***, and then they couldn't even show up within a four hour window (there are no slots after 6).

One of the items was a floor model coffee table that appeared to be intact. We counted the rest of the boxes, and then signed off as it appeared everything was in good order, tipped the drivers and said our goodbyes. Then we rolled out our new rug and put our pre-assembled table on the rug.

It was then that we noticed the GIANT URBAN EXPRESS STICKER slapped on the side of the coffee table. It's a square table, and does not go against the wall (it's a coffee table), so there's no way to keep this out of view. Thanks, UE, for ruining our furniture. What a waste of cash we just spent.

I wrote them to ask if there was something they could do to rectify the situation. I got no response. Not even an apology. Now we have to find a new coffee table, or live with one that is a really bad advertisement for URBAN EXPRESS. I am doing that for a while just so I can warn people what will happen to them if they use them. I will never let Urban Express deliver anything for me ever again. If I can't take it with me, I'm just not buying it from a place that uses Urban Express as a delivery service. Thanks, UE, for ruining our new furniture. I'm making sure everybody who comes over sees it.

Comments

Urban Express is horrible. I ordered a puppy, which they delivered.

It was only after they left that I realized they had put a huge Urban Express sticker right down the side of my new dog! It won't come off, and now my dog is a walking billboard for this awful company.

Urban Express the WORST delivery and installation service in America!

I had purchased $4000 worth of furniture for my brand new home from IKEA and purchased their delivery/installation service for a hefty price. Their delivery/assembly guys (Urban Express) delivered the furniture on time.

One of them had absolutely no civility and the other was polite. They seemed to have no expertise in anything but hauling heavy furniture. They delivered wrong items and assembled the right items WRONGLY. Of course, the guys appeared to have been picked up from a nearby ghetto, and could not follow the graphic directions provided by IKEA.

They would discard parts that are essential (e.g., those of the bridge unit and TV stand of an entertainment center), and complained that some packages did not contain all parts! My son and I had to essentially rebuild a TV stand to make it ready for the FiOS installer the following day. These guys wanted to store open, unassembled parts of a bed frame in my bedroom until the missing parts arrived! They said they could not haul the stuff away since they have nothing to do with IKEA, but did so upon my insisting that they could not use my bedroom as their storage.

At noon, We offered them a decent meal and invited them to eat with us. The rude guy (who seemed like the team leader) said they would eat it later. The polite guy who was hungry and wanted to eat could not eat since the other would not; the food was never touched! The guys left most of their work incomplete and messy.

What irked me even more was that they had a thick layer of mud under their boots and they lavishly spread it on my brand new carpet in every room they entered. Worse still, they used multiple restrooms in my house and left their filth everywhere which we had to clean up! These guys had no clue what they were doing and did more harm to me and to IKEA than good. I had to use the services of another installer to undo the damaged don by the Urban guys, and IKEA has promised to reimburse me for it.

It seems the only thing urban about Urban Express is the place where they pick up their day laborers; instead, they need to hire some competent and URBANE guys. Until then, folks, do yourselves a favor: avoid major headaches by avoiding this Neanderthal company.